Buscar este blog

lunes, 17 de marzo de 2014

Bled lake.

I saw a picture of this lake many years ago, and since the very first moment it has been in my "to do list". Today I can cross it out.

Only 40 km away from Ljubljana, you can get there by bus, by train or driving. I've gone hitch-hiking. My hostel was far away from the motorway, and I didn't want to pay the bus, so I walked... 70 minutes! Fortunately, once I got to the junction, a car picked me up. The driver was a Slovenian guy, Red Star Belgrade´s hooligan, who had lived in Spain a few years. He was so happy he could speak Spanish again.

Bled is a town and a lake, and both are together. First I did was go up to the castle, and I found out the entrance fee was 9 €. I wanted to enjoy the view, but 9 € was too much for my budget. I had to look for a different viewpoint. And I found it. I rounded the castle, and I climbed a rock to enjoy one of the nicest views I've ever seen. I sat for 30 minutes, just staring at the lake and the mountains.

I had already seen the lake from above, so I just had to round it all. It's only 6 km, but it took me 2 hours, since I was stopping every 5 minutes to enjoy the view from a different angle.

You can get to the island in the middle of the lake, either by boat, or renting your own canoe. Both cost 12€.

On my way back to Ljubljana, a van with two Italian girls stopped, and they gave me a lift to the very centre of Ljubljana. It was actually the first time I saw a van, and hopefully not the last one. 






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario