Buscar este blog

miércoles, 9 de abril de 2014

From Pristina to Skopje.

I left Pristina on a Saturday morning, I think is a good day to hitch-hike, but there's also many families, and they never pick hitch-hikers up.

I had only 88 km until Skopje, but the roads in Kosovo are not good as I already explained. It seemed easy, I got two lifts to get out of the town, and then I didn't wait more than 10 minutes to get another two rides to Ferizaj, the halfway to Macedonia. But the boarder was not far away, and som drivers don't want to cross boarders with strangers. I showed my passport to everybody, but it didn't work.

After 15 minutes waiting, a guy surprised me walking behind me, and asked where I was heading to. He told me they saw me but they couldn't stop, and they came back to pick me up.
They were also going to Skopje, and were willing to let me cross the boarder with them. It has been one of the nicest people I've been lucky to meet so far. We went together to a big mall in Skopje, and they wanted me to eat with them, but I was tired and wanted to get to my hostel as soon as posible to start visiting the city.

 From door to door, I spent 4 hours to cover those 90 km. Hitch-hiking is slower than buses, trains, and sometimes even bikes. But the experiences you get, make this time a really good invest.

Thank you Valon!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario